Friday, July 29, 2011

Five on Friday

1.

“When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t. ”
Thomas Edison (1847-1931);
inventor, businessman

2.  I'm doing Ali Edwards' "Week In My LIfe" project this week - and it's been fun being more aware and intentional with recording things.  Hopefully I can get it all together in some sort of scrapbook form next week (and the weeks after - I expect it will take awhile!).



(stack of treasures to take to town with me)




3.  My fingers are stained purple from all the saskatoon berries I've picked this week.  They are so beautiful and big and juicy this year, definitely the best ones we've had ever, I think.






4. Today Ann at A Holy Experience writes "when food's a hallowed thing" about preparing food and the famine in the Horn of Africa  - you must go and read it!  And she recommends three cookbooks, which all look so interesting.  I really want this one!



5.  Marta's Coconut Krispie Chocolate Chunk Cookies are on the to-do list for tomorrow!  They look delicious and that secret ingredient will make them very interesting. 


(photo from Marta's blog)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:29 PM

    Sooooo jealous about the Saskatoons. I was actually just talking about them in staff room today. Enjoy more for me.

    Ally

    ReplyDelete